Monday, August 4, 2008

"Just Us"

Although I am really getting anxious to meet our precious little boy, I am trying to enjoy the last few days of "just us". The last few weeks have gone by so slow probably due to the fact that I've been around the house so much, but my body really needed the rest. I'm glad I took Patrick's advice (along with others) to lay low and not work for a little while before he comes. I have a feeling that if I had kept working like I was, my blood pressure would have shot up, etc. 

We went to church yesterday and then had a relaxing afternoon just taking it easy. Last night we went on a very short walk down our short street (my hip was definitely stiff afterward). Then we took a dip in the pool. Wow, that was really relaxing. We only shared the pool for about 20 minutes with some little girls and then we had it all to ourselves. That's only the 3rd time this summer that I've gotten in the water, and now I'm wondering why. We might even go back tonight for a late night dip. It was so nice to just spend some quality time with Patrick and talk about the upcoming days and about how our lives are about to change.

Today I'll see Dr. Maddox at 3:30 for a quick check up. We're bringing our bags to the hospital just incase she decides to admit me. I can't say that I would put up a fight. But if we don't stay tonight, we'll go back Tuesday night at some point and take things from there. I'll know what the plan is once I talk to her today. Mom and Dad are coming up tomorrow afternoon and will be here indefinitely. 

I am so excited to meet Patrick McCay for the very first time. I can't imagine how that will feel. I want to see what he looks like, hold him, feed him, burp him, change him, and just spend precious moments with him. I'm also so excited to see Patrick take on the role of a father. I know he will be an amazing one. Just thinking about it all makes me emotional. I know the next few days I'll probably be a basket case. I will be so happy to see my friends that are coming into town and the ones that live here. I appreciate so much your support and prayers over the last 9 months. I am blessed with some very special people in my life. 

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yeah! Me and Mac will will share the same birthday!