Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last Doctor Appointment

Monday I had my last doctor appointment. Since my last appointment (when my BP was high) I've been taking my BP a few times a day which have all been very good. Of course right before my appointment yesterday I took it and it was elevated. And when they took it at the office it was even more elevated. I must (unknowingly) get nervous when I go there. We had our bags in the car just incase she wanted to just go ahead and admit me and get the party started. She checked me and to our delight, she found that I was 2cm dilated, 50% effaced, and Mac had dropped some! All 3 of us were SO thrilled. She sent us over to L&D to be monitored again. As soon as I got there, my BP was back to normal and Mac's heart rate was good to. We only stayed about 30 minutes and then were discharged. We headed over to the grand opening of the Zaxby's on 150. Needless to say, Patrick is very excited about having one closer to us. They make a mean grilled chicken zalad! Then we headed home and just relaxed the rest of the night. 

I'm glad I just have one more night of being pregnant b/c all of the sudden I am having terrible reflux. I'm lucky it's just now happening, but I'm not loving it. I dreamed last night that I had Mac and he already had hair on his chest and he immediately started running around the room acting like a bad 2 year old. I've dreamed some crazy things during this pregnancy. 

Mom and Dad are coming this afternoon and spending the night here. Patrick and I will head into the hospital around 9pm. They will give me a dose of Cytotec (which will help my body ready to deliver) at 4am Wednesday. Usually they give 2 doses, but I guess since I'm already dilating, I just need 1. Dr. Maddox will come see me around 8am the next morning and determine whether or not I need Pitocin (to start contractions) and break my water if needed. I'm hoping to progress quickly, get my epidural, and have this baby soon! The next time I post, hopefully I'll have some cute pics of our little guy!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been thinking about you these last few days and I'm praying for you tonight and tomorrow! Good luck, and I can't wait to see pictures :)

Anonymous said...

YIPPIE YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
~j