Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1st Day Alone


Yesterday was my first day alone with our little one. Mom left last Saturday, Sunday Patrick and I double teamed, and Monday it was just Mac and me. He was pretty fussy and hard to please, but besides a little frustration on my part the day was ok. He also went from going 3-4 hours in between feedings to 2. Maybe it was just an off day. He is starting to take more and more formula. He's just about 3 weeks old and taking in 4-5 oz of formula every 3-4 hours! He's a big guy with a big stomach I guess! 

This morning all he wanted to do was be held or he was crying pretty hard. That made it hard to get ready, but once he got his bottle, he was content. My sweet friend Lisa came and picked us up this morning and took me to my physical therapy appointment. She watched Mac while I did my exercises. Afterward she was nice enough to take me by the grocery store to stock up on mainly baby things. She even pulled the car up and loaded our groceries in the rain. What sweet friends I have! Before she left our house, she wrapped Mac up in a tight "baby burrito" and now he's sleeping very soundly. If I was smart, I'd be taking a nap too. I think I'll do just that...

2 comments:

Busy momma said...

That's the way it always happens....they are perfect and then when it's just mommy and baby, the word "schedule" loses meaning! Addison was on a four hour schedule in the NICU and we couldn't make it four hours even the first day at home with her!!
I don't won't to disturb, so you call me when you are up to a visitor. I can't wait to meet MAC!

Anonymous said...

I thought of you many times on that first day. I didn't call because I was afraid to disturb you. Hopefully we will get to see him and you on Saturday. Take care, and it does get easier, believe me.