Friday, August 15, 2008

Hospital Update

Well I'm still at the hospital. Labs looked better yesterday. White blood cell count was down a good bit (which is good). In the past 40 hours my temp. has been between 98 and 100. I don't know if my doctor will count the "low grade temps" as the real thing in our 48 count. I have not seen either doctor this morning (OB or surgeon), but I am anxious to see what they say.

Liz dropped by yesterday morning and kept me company while I ate my breakfast and Mom and Dad brought Mac up here and stayed all day so that was very fun to see him. I took care of him as much as I was able and tried to get back into the "mommy" role. Mom and Dad have been SO good to Patrick and I. I know they are barely getting any sleep, but they have not complained one bit. I am so thankful to have them here. Yesterday was Mom's birthday, and not a very typical one, but at least we were all together.

My nurse just came in to start me on another round of antibiotics (Gent, Cleocin, and Ampicillin for those medical people that might want to know) so I'm a slave to the IV pump for a few hours. Mom and Dad should be here in a few hours with sweet Mac and hopefully in the mean time I'll receive some good news from the doctors. Thanks again for ALL of your prayers!

Love, Sarah Grace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say, I wish I could come keep you company too! I'ms tuck here at work though. I'll definitely be praying that your fever stays down so you can get home, but we want you to be physically ready....so enjoy this lazy time of rest and get as much sleep as you can!
merebear.