Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our day in L&D

Well first of all, the ultrasound measurements estimate that our boy weighs 7lbs, 15oz already! I am 38 weeks and 5 days along. He does not have much room in my tummy at all. We did get a glimpse of his face and I think he's got Patrick's lips. And the US tech thought that she saw some hair. 

My blood pressure was elevated for a brief time so my doc sent me over to Labor and Delivery to be monitored. I think it was a fluke b/c it has been normal every time I check it at home. So we headed over to L&D and ended up staying for 4 hours. Mac's heart rate dropped a few times so they wanted to monitor that. They started an IV and gave me a small dose of Pitocin to stimulate some mild contractions. His heart rate stayed within normal limits so we finally got to leave. We rushed off to Chappy's to eat. I don't think I've ever been so hungry. I ate breakfast at 7 and ate "lupper" at 4:30. My pregnant stomach didn't know how to handle that! 

I am going back to see Dr. Maddox on Monday and then if nothing changes before now and then, I'll be admitted to the hospital on Tuesday night and be induced on Wednesday. Mac's just going to get bigger and bigger every day that goes by so my doctor, Patrick, and I agreed that we should go ahead with the induction then. It looks like 8/6/08 will be the big day, but I'm still crossing my fingers for him to come this weekend!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I can't begin to imagine what you & Patrick are feeling tonight... the eve of your last night as a family of two. (Hope you get to take another dip in the pool.) You and PB will be excellent parents indeed.

Jenna said...

I just noticed I left the above comment under the wrong post... pretend it's on the one after :)

M-ust
C-ome soon
C-ause
A-ugust is here
Y-ay!