Thursday, July 17, 2008

Couch Life

Tomorrow is my last day of work so I am trying to get mentally ready to spend some long days on the couch during the next few weeks. I have already been at the house 5 days of the week trying to rest in between work days. I know this time will be trying for me because I don't like sitting around all day. Luckily, my doctor has not put me on official "bed rest" so I pace myself and do a few things throughout the day (i.e. laundry, grocery store, etc). Usually I quickly learn that I have get back on the couch soon or either my left leg will fall off or my ankles will explode. 

Here are some of the things that I fill my day with while I'm home:
  • Lots of HGTV (Design on a Dime, House Hunters, Designed to Sell, Free Style, Property Virgins)
  • Lots of TLC (What Not to Wear, 10 Years Younger, Baby Story, Bringing Home Baby, John & Kate + 8)
  • And of course I always watch a little TBS (King of Queens, Seinfeld, Friends)
  • Sitting on the glider in the nursery and reading Baby Wise
  • Blogging (obviously) and reading other peoples' blogs
  • Facebooking
  • Emailing
  • Looking fwd to the next meal
  • Washing baby clothes 
  • And hanging out with Tub and Pepper

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I love all the shows you've been watching. Let's have your next & my first baby at the same time - we would totally click as couch buddies.

Busy momma said...

Good idea to go ahead and pick out baby announcements. You can purchase them now, get the envelopes addressed and stamped and then as soon as Mac is here call in with his info and they'll be finished before he's half grown. I did that with my Christmas cards while waiting on Addison's arrival and it saved me many headaches!! And, don't forget to charge the cameras, plug in the monitors and buckle the carseat in the car. Make room in your kitchen for a "baby cabinet" too.