Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weekly appointment

My first weekly appointment was today. Here are some quick facts: 
  • I'm 36 weeks and 5 days along (measuring 37)
  • Not dilated
  • BP good (124/67)
  • Mac's heart beat strong
  • Doc thinks his head is down (which is the way we want it!)
  • Lots of swelling in my feet and ankles
I went to work afterward and did what I could on the bum hip, knee, and swollen feet. My last day is Friday (if I can make it). I'll go back to see the Dr. in a week...

Funny things that happened while I was at the hospital: 
*During my exam, a big rope started flapping outside the window in the room. I thought at any moment a worker was going to appear in the window. Dr. Maddox climbed up on the trash can to close the blinds, but they were broken. Luckily, he stayed either above or below my window.
*When I was getting off the elevator to leave the hospital, an older man said to me, "Stay off the beer." I'm hoping he was trying to make a funny about my pregnant belly.



1 comment:

Jenna said...

That would have been horrible if the window washers showed up for your exam! And yeah, Say, lay off the beer a bit, aye?