Wednesday, July 9, 2008

36 weeks

Well technically, I'm 35 weeks and 5 days, but I'm measuring 36 cms/weeks.  I went to see my doctor today for the beginning of my weekly appointments. It was very routine: she listened to his heart beat at 120 bpm, measured my uterus, and then we talked for a few minutes. My blood pressure was just slightly higher than normal at 132/84. The nurse and I thought it was b/c I was in pain though. My hip and knee are still really bothering me. I think the pain is a culmination of the baby's weight on my left side, him pressing on my nerve, and the joints loosening up in preparation for birth. I will work 2 days this week and 2 days next week and I think that will be it for me working. I planned on working right up until I went into labor, but my body won't allow me. I can't do everything I need to do as a nurse on the job when I can barely walk around. So I hope Mac doesn't wait too long to come into this world. I don't want to be playing the waiting game sitting around at home for weeks. 

I can't believe that next week I will officially be at full term! I will have a much better update then b/c the doctor will check to see if I'm dilated at all and she should be able to tell what position he's in. I think he's in the transverse position (sideways). 

Patrick and I are so excited that the time is so near for the birth of our son. We absolutely cannot wait to hold him in our arms and see what he looks like. We have to give each other reality checks every now and then and realize that we only have a few more weeks of alone time with just him and I. COME SEE US MAC!!

1 comment:

Busy momma said...

I can remember the axiety of wanting both of my babies to hurry and be here....in my arms and not in my belly anymore! BUT, do find some special time to spend together...just the two of you. Now that we have kids, it's hard to find time alone and when we do, we talk about our kids!! Best of luck, we'll be coming to visit you soon in the L&D!!