Friday, July 25, 2008

The Dark Knight

I'm not talking about Batman... I'm talking about our cat Pepper...
Patrick has nicknamed our sweet Pepper "Dark Knight" b/c of an incidence that happened 2 nights ago. Pepper likes to bring "toys" (pieces of plastic, paper, etc) up onto our bed at night to play with. Well in the middle of the night she woke me up, playing with something on top of our comforter. Half asleep I felt around on the bed to find her toy so that I could hide it. I picked it up and held it for a minute trying to figure out what it was and then hid it on the floor between the bed and a pillow. The next morning I got up to see what it was she was playing with. After seeing a little dead mouse on the floor, I fell onto the bed and squirmed around in disgust. Patrick found out quickly what happened. I can't believe I held a dead mouse in my hand!!! 

Pepper, I appreciate what you do around the house, perched up on the rail in the den watching over the house at night, killing mice, spiders, and other varmints. But please don't bring any more "toys" or hunting trophies up on our bed!

PS--The mouse was a stow away in the boxes that the crib and dresser came in so I think that's the last of them...

1 comment: