Saturday, July 19, 2008

Furniture delay

We ordered our nursery furniture (crib and dresser) at the end of March and the order keeps being delayed longer and longer. Now we're told that it won't be here earlier than late August. We're tired of waiting! Why in the world would it take 5 months to get a stinkin crib and dresser?? So...I think we're going to get a whole new set (that's actually in stock). Mom and Dad are coming up Wednesday to stay a few days and help me get some things done around the condo. If all goes well, they'll bring up the new crib and dresser when they come and we can actually get the nursery organized! The set is either the 3000 or 4000 series (think it's the 4000) so I'll post a picture of it. 

We're just waiting on Mac to get here at this point. Today I'm officially 37 weeks/full term so it's game time! He could be born at any time now! I hope it's sooner than later b/c Big Mamma is ready!!!! Patrick wants him to wait another 2 weeks so that he can get some more observation hours done for his masters, but I'm ready now! I promised Patrick I wouldn't start eating spicy foods, walking a lot, and drinking castor oil (you know all the old wive's tales about inducing labor) until August 1. Well, I might just be eating the spicy foods seeing that I can't walk effectively and I'm just not down with drinking castor oil! 

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Nice backup crib! Hooray for Jan & Ed's upcoming visit!

What the heck is castor oil used for? (Other than possible labor inducer)

Stephanie said...

The furniture is beautiful!! I can't wait to see pictures of everything when you're done!