Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2 month check up

2 week check up
2 month check up
Yeah I just got 4 shots in my leg, so what?!
Mac has changed A LOT since his last visit to see Dr. Israel. He has gained 3 lbs and grown 3 inches! He now weighs 12lbs 11oz and is 24 inches long. He's now cooing, grinning, and batting at objects in front of him. He's eating 5oz every 3-4 hours, but the doctor said we could bump the amount up to 6oz if he wants. I think he will be happy about that! 

I return to work tomorrow. I had to stop working at the end of July because physically I just couldn't handle it (leg pain, swelling, etc). Since then I have had a 9lb baby, an appendectomy, and have been going to physical therapy for about 1.5 months. The Lord is so good. I have regained a lot of strength back in my leg, am walking normally, and have such a beautiful healthy baby boy. Going back to work will be physically, mentally, and emotionally tough, but I know I can do it! I'm looking forward to seeing friends and being a nurse again. I will definitely have more ability to be empathetic for my patients now that I've been through 2 surgeries and recoveries. I'm looking forward to putting that experience into play at Princeton. 

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That is one good lookin 2 month old. You've had quite the busy and strenuous past few months. I'll be thinking of you a bunch tomorrow as you head back to Princeton and let Shannon take care of Mac. Good luck staying awake for the early meeting!