Monday, October 18, 2010

Materialism

Why is that (for most) our nature is to want more more more?! I have a beautiful new house and many nice things, but for some reason I am left wanting more. Like: a bigger master closet, a nicer back porch, more counter space, a car with 0 dings on it, more clothes, a skinnier body, etc etc etc.  God has blessed with me SO many nice things, not to mention my family and health. Does anyone else feel the same?

Putting all selfish desires aside for a moment, THANK YOU LORD.

2 comments:

Whitney Morrison said...

oh my gosh all the time. all the time. its amazing how easy it is to want things, new shoes, new makeup, bigger car etc. I am so glad that the Lord gives us moments during the day to remind me how much HE has already given me.

Jenna said...

i'm there with ya. darn our worldly sinful nature. if only a heavenly focus came more naturally, but I guess that's part of the beauty of it all...