Wednesday, May 21, 2008

100 Grams

100 grams of sugar that is! That's how much was in the drink I had to drink in under 2 minutes and on an empty stomach. Today was the first time I have felt queasy in months. I had to get my blood drawn before I downed the drink, then at 30 minutes post drink, 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours post. I also saw Dr. Maddox during my many hours at Trinity. I was sad to hear Mac's fast heartbeat (from the sugar). I hope he never has to go through that again. My blood pressure was good (116/66), and she said that I measured (length of uterus) about a week ahead of my due date! So little McCay might come a little sooner, we'll see. 

*Special thanks to Jenna...in my honor she also fasted from Tuesday night until lunch on Wednesday. What a good pal!

On another note, we hired a nanny! Yeah!!! Her name is Shannon and she is amazing. It was totally a God thing that we found her. She'll probably start coming to visit sometime in August after he's born for a few hours a week to let me catch up on naps and house work and also to get to know Mac. And then she'll come 2-3 days week in October when I go back to work. We are so thankful!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that's all over for you! It was great chatting with you for a few minutes the other day. It was definitely more fun than the lecture I was sitting in! That was so sweet of Jenna to fast with you! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby boy in a few months!